Recent Posts

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Out Sick



I am so sorry for the lull in the super powers series. I got knocked down and kicked to the curb by the flu. Since I have a strong immune system and only get any kind of sick every three years or so, when it hits me, it hits me good. Ugh. However, I have finally progressed from my bed to the couch with my laptop, so things are looking up. And looking out the window I see that summer is about to be in full swing with our 4th of July holiday weekend. I sit here thinking about you out there being a super hero with millions of happy kids right now.

So, I will make a plan to continue talking about summer camp super powers when I myself have some of my own powers back. For right now, I'll take this opportunity to remind you that children may exhibit challenging behaviors (or even just different behavior than usual) when they are sick or getting sick. I look back on the few days before I knew I was and in hindsight I see the signs. Remember that behavior is communication, and if a child in your program is struggling, consider their overall health. It will help you develop even more compassion and understanding for the children in your care. I would bet money that some of you have already had a child throw up in your office this summer!



Bookmark and Share

0 comments: