Recent Posts

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Conference Afterglow




I love a good conference, don’t you? One that inspires you and helps you go back to your real life feeling refreshed and recharged. One that allows you to experience different perspectives, and perhaps even some with which you might not fully agree. And one that gives you the chance to meet incredible people doing their great work all over the world. Yes, if a conference can do all this for me, I am happy. Of course, a pretty location and good food don’t hurt either.

Last week was KIT’s 6th Annual National Conference on Inclusion. Even though our KIT team was in charge of ensuring that the conference happened, I really spent a lot of time feeling like a learner and participant. I listened with rapt attention to our keynote speaker LeDerick Horne, as he shared the experiences that have driven him to be a poetic activist. I attended break-out sessions with passionate, committed people like Micaela Connery of Unified Theatre in Connecticut. And I got to meet incredible practitioners, like the team from Washington PAVE. I truly hope that our presenters and conference attendees feel like they got an inspiring and informational learning experience. Because they all sure taught me a lot!

More photos will be on the new KIT website soon!







0 comments: